If your WHMCS billing platform was installed using the Softaculous script installer, the version of WHMCS should be upgraded with it as well. If your WHMCS was installed manually, you need to upgrade it manually.
These are the files that can be used for manual upgrades:
Version 8.6.0 – Full Package –
Release Date: 3rd Nov 2022
Performing an upgrade
The steps needed to upgrade WHMCS can vary from version to version and so full steps, including any template changes required for each version are included in the Release Notes below. However, the general process for version upgrading always remains the same:
1. Begin by taking a full backup of your WHMCS system, both files, and the database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin.
2. Now, download the latest WHMCS version specified above.
3. Next, unzip the contents of the WHMCS zip file downloaded to a folder on your computer.
4. Now if you have customized your WHMCS admin folder name, you should rename the admin folder in the new files to match.
5. Upload the new files to your existing installation folder replacing any existing folders & files.
6. Visit the admin area as you normally would to log in and you should then be automatically redirected to the upgrade script. If this is not shown automatically, please manually visit /install/install.php to invoke the upgrade process.
7. Accept the license agreement.
8. If you are prompted for any database information *STOP*, this indicates the configuration.php file is missing, and so a new install is being attempted – you need to restore the configuration.php before continuing.
9. Check the box to confirm you have backed up your database and click the upgrade button to complete.
10. Once the updates finish, delete the install folder from your server.
11. Now proceed to update your custom templates with any new or changed files in the version you’ve upgraded to.
12. Finally, clear your browser cache or perform a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) and delete the contents of the template cache directory (usually called templates_c) to ensure you see the new templates.
NOTE: If you need to upgrade the WHMCS license type, feel free to contact our Billing/Sales department via the ticket system.